CROSLEY RECORD PLAYERS – THE BEST ONES TO SUPPORT YOUR PRECIOUS VINYL COLLECTION
When you buy vinyl, you are not just buying music but a wholesome experience. Collecting vinyl is all about your passion for music. What better way to honor that passion than to pick a turntable that totally complements your vinyl collection, like a Crosley turntable!
A quick look at the history of the Crosley company
With Crosley, you simply get to “Amplify your Style.” Powel Crosley started a revolution when he created affordable, stylish, and multifunctional radios. When the music industry was venerating CDs, when vinyl was thought to be near obsolete, the first Crosley record player hit the market in 1992. Though it entered the market with other iconic turntable brands with decades of experience ruling the segment, this brand soon reached its zenith. A lot of fame came from the fact that this brand specializes in multifunctional products that bring the best value for money.
Today it is among the leading turntable manufacturers in the world. Whether you would like to add a cool and sensible entertainment gadget for your home or something vintage that can adorn your special vinyl assortment, this brand offers them all. From offering a wide spectrum of pricing to a myriad of choices in terms of aesthetics, this brand’s collection is a sheer delight to shop from. Love vinyl? Then you would definitely love Crosley!
That being said, would you like to hear about the best record players from the brand?
Best Crosley record player options for everyone
1. Crosley CR6232A-BR Nomad USB Portable Turntable
We think it’s fitting that the first Crosley turntable we review in this quick guide is the one that is probably closest to the first original few Crosley turntables that ever rolled off of the assembly line way back in the 1920s.
The Nomad is one of the most popular Crosley record players available right now, is designed to closely mimic the kinds of record players that you would have found in homes all throughout (and just beyond) the Great Depression and leading up to the second world war.
Absolutely everything about this particular record player is simple, straightforward, and very minimalist in a utilitarian kind of way – but don’t let its aesthetic trick you into believing that it’s anything but one of the most accomplished and pure sounding record players on the planet for this price tag.
This is absolutely everything that you are probably looking for in a Crosley turntable and then some!
Driven by a belt mechanism, the sound quality that this record player can reproduce (at 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPMs, no less) is second to none at this price point – a price point that is very, very affordable, even for those that aren’t quite sure that they want to begin jumping headfirst into the world of vinyl record collecting.
Combine that with an intelligently designed NP5 needle system (with replaceable stylus) and the ability to effortlessly plug-in to any stereo system or musical production equipment thanks to the in-line RCA output, auxiliary output, headphone jack, and USB connectivity, and you are looking at a very, very special piece of audio equipment at a price point that is almost too good to be true.
All of this is wrapped up in a very retro looking kind of case (complete with an upholstery exterior), and you’ll notice right off the bat that this Crosley record player is quite unlike anything else you anticipated or have seen on the market today. << Check the best price on Amazon! >>
- Beautifully designed and even more beautiful sound
- Compact, affordable, and effortless to transport
- Reproduces three different speeds of the vinyl records with no difficulty at all
- A little bit on the pricier side of things for a portable record player that lacks true musical production tools
- Though it is compact and portable, it can be a bit heavier than other portable options
- Retro inspired design aesthetic might not be for everyone
2. Crosley CR8005A-TU Cruiser Portable Turntable
If you are on the search for a very retro inspired portable Crosley record player and aren’t quite satisfied with the less genuine retro design of the option above, the odds are pretty good that you are going to immediately fall in love with everything that the Crosley CR8005A-TU Cruiser Portable Turntable.
Not just designed to look like a record player from the 1930s through the 1950s, but actually designed FROM record players from that era, this is as close to the “real deal” as you are going to get to one of those antique record players without having to sacrifice a tremendous amount of money or technological advances that have been made in the last 80 years.
Drop dead beautiful across-the-board, you are going to find it almost impossible to take your eyes away from this “suitcase” record player – and that’s on purpose. Clean lines, a very minimalist approach to its exterior, and a secured locking mechanism hide powerful and advanced audio reproduction internals that make this Crosley record player a force to be reckoned with.
Available in a variety of different colors (nine different ones, for that matter), this retro portable record player from Crosley should not be underestimated. It takes advantage of advanced belt driven turntable mechanisms, comes with an NP6 needle system, and plays three different speeds without any trouble at all.
It does lack USB connectivity (so it isn’t the ideal option for serious DJs or music professionals but that is not the purpose here anyway), but as far as listening to and enjoying authentic and rich sounds from your vinyl collection, it just doesn’t get a whole lot better than this! << Check out the current price on Amazon! >>
- Very, very vintage and throwback feel for a Crosley turntable
- Extremely portable, very compact, and super stable thanks to its innovative “suitcase” design
- Has full dynamic range stereo speakers built right in with a preamplifier as well
- A little bit on the more expensive side of things as far as portable record players go
- Does not include USB connectivity in any way, shape, or form (and only RCA/headphone jack outputs)
- Isn’t quite as flashy as some of the other Crosley turntable products out there
3. Crosley CR6019A-BR Executive Portable USB-Enabled 3-Speed Turntable
Anytime you are talking about a turntable that has been given the moniker of “The Executive” you are talking about something really special, and this turntable from Crosley is no exception.
Designed to look like the kind of portable record player that a traveling executive would have carried with them all over their travels, and not at all unlike a steamer trunk that may have made a handful of cross country or transcontinental trips all on its own, the Crosley CR6019A-BR Executive Portable USB-Enabled 3-Speed Turntable is a force to be reckoned within the portable turntable community.
Built on the back of a three speed USB enabled turntable (playing 33/45/78 RPM records with zero difficulty whatsoever), it has a built-in preamplifier as well as dual stereo speakers to give you the kind of rich and authentic sound you are looking for with zero extra effort (and no extra equipment) necessary.
Combine all of that with the inclusion of auxiliary input and output options, RCA output and headphone jack output, and the USB connectivity we mentioned above, and you are looking at a Crosley record player that is as fun to listen to as it is to produce music on. << Check out the best deals on Amazon! >>
- Traveling suitcase design aesthetic makes this Crosley record player stand out from the rest of the pack (in a good way)
- Incredibly portable design makes it very friendly for those that intend to move around with this Crosley turntable
- USB connectivity, preamplifier system, and stereo speakers open up a lot of versatility
- Options for producing music are pretty basic
- Stereo speaker options on their own aren’t quite up to the task in some situations
- Still requires one to be a little bit delicate so as not to jostle the internal Crosley audio equipment
4. Crosley CR6231A-GR1 Sterling Portable Turntable with Aux-in
As a floor-standing model, this one stands out among conventional turntable designs. Set your music mood right with its pure vintage style. It can handle two different speeds 33 1/3 and 45 RPM. To add to the versatility, this one also comes with an auxiliary music input port. With its built-in stereo speakers, it makes a great portable vinyl player. Knob placement in the front allows easy access to adjust the music settings. From selecting the speed to switching music input modes, every little function can be handled with convenience. If you are ready to spend a few dollars more, there is another variant in this model that comes with an inbuilt Bluetooth module. << Check out the best deals on Amazon! >>
- You can remove the legs if you wish to use it as a tabletop model
- The smoothness of the belt-driven mechanism delivers uninterrupted music experience
- Full-range speakers deliver the dynamics of music on your vinyl with honesty
- Built-in speakers on the device are not that powerful
If you do not mind manually switching the needle after the record finishes, this is a basic turntable that packs a punch for the price you pay.
5. Crosley CR8017A-SA Voyager Vintage Portable Turntable with Bluetooth Receiver and Built-in Speakers
Available in a host of pleasant colors, this one is a good option in the sub $100 segment. With its 3 speed modes, you can play your favorite records in 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM settings. Featuring a minimalistic briefcase like design, this one has its control neatly tucked near the record. A touch of old-world style delivered in visual styles that appeal to the modern generation as this turntable also comes with Bluetooth connectivity option. With ceramic cartridge, this one takes an NP6 type replacement needle. << Check out the best deals on Amazon! >>
- Portable design for the convenience of carrying your player anywhere you go
- Pitch control adjustment is a rare feature
- RCA outputs on this allow connection with external speakers
- Needle and arm assembly appears a little flimsy in comparison with the rest of the build
If you can tolerate the low sound output from the speakers, this is a performance-oriented option with multiple input modes and output ports.
6. Crosley CR704D-PA Musician 3-Speed Turntable with Radio, Cd/Cassette Player, Aux-in and Bluetooth
Loaded with multiple features, this one allows you to play music from multiple sources. Play music from your favorite CDs, or cassettes besides vinyl. If you would like to play music from your phone, you get to connect wirelessly using Bluetooth or to use the auxiliary input port. To top it all, there is also a built-in AM/FM radio on this player. The rustic wood finish adds to the elegance. This, in turn, is complemented by the vintage-looking controls and radio band indicator in the front. As a belt-driven mechanism, you can play this turntable at three different speeds. << Check out the best deals on Amazon! >>
- Full-range speakers with stereo effect enhance the music experience on this
- Convenient repeat play mode allows you to play your favorite music in a loop
- With the raw looks comes the durable construction
- Markings below the buttons are not very legible and can be difficult to read till you get used to the controls.
This one makes a complete family entertainment hub while also allowing you to play your favorite vinyl on it.
7. Crosley Cruiser Deluxe Vintage 3-Speed Bluetooth Suitcase Turntable
Cruiser Deluxe is one good looking record player and makes a striking first impression. Flaunting a portable design, this one also comes with a carry handle for convenience. You can play music from your vinyl, auxiliary input, or even through Bluetooth pairing of your device. Near the arm, there is a neat little switch that allows you to choose from the three-speed modes. Pitch and volume control knobs are positioned at the top. These provide nice tactile feedback allowing convenience of accessing all the features. Twin stereo speakers are positioned at the front, and there are RCA ports for connecting external speakers. << Check out the best deals on Amazon! >>
- The straightforward design makes this a suitable option for beginners buying their first turntable
- Bluetooth mode can be set with the simple flip of a button
- Support bushes at the base provide stability while playing the record
- Audio output clarity is not the best in the segment
For all those who love a pop of color added to some antique styles, this slim and stylish product is a convenient choice.
8. Crosley C200 Direct-Drive Turntable with S-Shaped Tone Arm
While the above 4 models are belt-driven turntables, this one is a direct drive variant. Sound output consistency comes with this design, and there is now worry about the belt getting worn out. Two-speed modes are possible on this player, which features an S-shaped tonearm. As the brand’s first direct-drive turntable, this model has been popular for a while now. Felt slip mat on and anti-skate settings allow you glitch-free entertainment. The phono preamplifier magnifies the dynamics of sound output. A neat transparent lid helps shield the player from dust. << Check out the best deals on Amazon! >>
- Adjustable counterweights allow full customization of your music experience
- Features fine adjustment of the pitch
- Comes with a holder for using 45RPM adapter
- Moving magnet cartridge allows full manual control of the music output.
- For the hefty price tag it comes with, there is no Bluetooth connectivity option
If you need a Crosley direct-drive turntable that comes with ultra-modern features and designs, then this is one of the best options out there.
9. Crosley C6 Belt-Drive Turntable with Built-in Preamp and Adjustable Tone Arm
With its simple looks, this one is a delight in the minimalist’s eyes. The sturdy platform is made of MDF with veneer wrapping, with 3 different colors to choose from. Another belt-driven turntable, this one allows 2-speed modes. Aluminum tonearm on this comes with fully adjustable counterweight. Therefore you can exercise absolute control on the audio output from this player. For speaker connection, the RCA ports are positioned at the rear side of the player. This player features a manual return after a record plays fully. << Check it out on Amazon! >>
- Phono cartridge can be easily removed and replaced for personalization of the music output
- Built-in pre-amp is ready to use or you can connect your own
- The full manual operation makes it possible to get an essence of analog experience of the antique players
- It doesn’t come with built-in speakers
For the hard-core vinyl fanatics who need nothing but pure record play experience without any bulk, this makes a wonderful choice. But remember that it is only meant for vinyl and no other source of music.
10. Crosley C100 Belt-Drive Turntable with S-Shaped Tone Arm with Adjustable Counterweight
C100 is yet another belt-driven turntable that features 2-speed modes. Very much similar in the looks and features like the C200, this one carries a belt-driven mechanism while the C200 has a direct drive design. The S-shaped tonearm on this is well balanced and makes music experience feels smooth. Platter made of die-cast aluminum resists scratches and looks as good as new for a long time. It also gives this player a sophisticated touch. There is a transparent lid that sits on the top of the player. With its steady and constant spin and plenty of customization features, this makes a good turntable for those with a large vinyl collection. << Check it out on Amazon! >>
- RCA output cables are included in the pack, and these are detachable for easy storage
- Convenient height adjustment of the tonearm complement the hydraulic lift control
- For lowering distortion and for consistency in output there is an anti-skate feature
- The sound might feel a little tinny at some pitch levels, and the dynamics are not well captured
If you can bear the limitation of lack of speakers on this and the lack of Bluetooth, then it makes a simple belt-driven turntable for vinyl.
11. Crosley CR6234A-BT Dansette Junior Portable Turntable with Aux-In
Dansette Junior is an embodiment of classic turntable designs. From the color schemes to hardware details on this, there are many aspects that can grab the onlooker’s attention. With its 2 speed modes, this one has a belt-driven mechanism. Yet another portable turntable option in the range, this one comes with a unique diamond stylus shaped needle. With its design inspired by the very popular Dansette range from this brand, this one allows vinyl and auxiliary input. Adjustment knobs and auxiliary port along with headphone jack are all present in the front panel. << Check it out on Amazon! >>
- You can use this player to play 7″, 10″ and 12″ records
- The stereo output from the speakers deliver the full-range output to suit all music genres
- Being a versatile player this one is compatible with old as well as new records
- Power of music delivery on this is not on par with the rest of the features
If you need a simple and powerful record player that allows you to use a wide range of vinyl types, then this makes a worthy investment.
A final word
Isn’t that an overwhelming choice? To make things simpler, be clear whether you need a belt-driven mechanism or direct drive. Then comes the choice of players with speakers and those without. Each little detail alters the experience on the whole. Ignoring the lack of speakers, in terms of the overall performance, C200 is our favorite Crosley turntable in the lot.
Check out the detailed reviews we made about some other Crosley Turntables (Click the Image or the link to read our review):