For anyone who loves good music, nothing beats the rustic charm that a record player carries with it. If you love the feel of vinyl crackling beautifully in a record player, then you might already know what a big name Victrola has in the industry.
Victrola – a brief overview
Victrola is a legacy in the world of turntables. This trendsetter started its iconic journey way back in the year 1906. Bold retro styles have been kept alive by this brand over the years. This century-old company has become famous for various reasons, unrivaled grace in craftsmanship being one.
With its large assortment of record players, the brand also caters to other products like jukeboxes, stereos, radios, and clocks. It is a brand that knows what the audience wants from them. Therefore you would find technologically tuned products that still carry that traditional component in them, which makes them special.
How it all began
Victor Talking Machine Company was the original name of the company that started as a phonograph manufacturer. This company went on to gain a global scale of popularity quickly after its inception in 1901. As a trendsetting design in its line of “talking machines,” the brand called Victrola was born from the Victor Talking Machine Company in 1906. T
his range was introduced as an option featuring a turntable based design with an amplification horn that was neatly concealed in the design. From the time of introduction, these players have been a huge hit. It is safe to say that Victrola phonographs have been some of the most popular options ever in this market. Today, the Victrola Trademark belongs to Innovative Technology. With its nostalgic designs, the brand continues to make some of the most popularly running turntables and players in the market.
Why are Victrola players so popular?
The brand has been famous for various reasons. From the design to the functionality aspects, many features make this brand stack up as a stiff competition against most others in the segment. Knowing what makes the record players from this brand famous would give you an idea about why this list would be useful for you.
- Victrola is one of the most powerful choices for those looking for retro styles. When it comes to choosing a turntable, classic styles are big hits no matter where you plan to use them. Whether it is to show off your love for music or to accent the looks of your music room elegantly, Victrola brings some of the best looking antique-styled turntables.
- It is a brand that understands all types of users. For music enthusiasts, professionals in the field of music production who understand the nuances of every note, this brand impresses with accurate music delivery. For casual music listeners, there are simple styles that can make them fall in love with music. Based on your exposure to turntables and their features, you would be able to choose one that comes with appropriate controls for ease of use.
- Vinyl carries that welcoming soft style with it. Without the complications of using an old machine, this one packs plenty of modern audio technologies in these vintage-looking record players. You get the magic of traditional players with the convenience of the modern-day designs.
- The brand is more focused on the whole experience than on just one component. Therefore it designs multifunctional products in this category. Modern-day entertainment is marching towards the consumption of content from streaming devices. Therefore the brand continues to refresh its classic line with all the latest technology inspired features, including wireless connectivity.
- One other significant benefit for which most users pick this brand is for the different pricing options that suit every budget. Even if you are running tight with your budget, you can still find a player that looks like a million bucks but costs you very less. Victrola is a brand that caters to some of the most affordable options in record players. There are also the Top-end expensive ones that cater to experts who have used record players for decades. Therefore, there is something for every type of vinyl lover.
List of the best Victrola turntables
Victrola Nostalgic Classic Wood 6-in-1 Bluetooth Turntable Entertainment Center
If you need an all-in-one entertainment system for your home with convenient wireless connectivity, then this is a great choice. Accommodating a variety of music sources, this one accepts vinyl, CD, and cassette. It comes with a built-in FM to help tune in to your favorite radio station. The FM antenna comes as a wire antenna provided at the back, which is long enough to tune in for better reception.
Bluetooth connectivity helps stream music real-time from other electronic gadgets. Finally, there is also an Aux input for connecting a media player or phone. The convenient line out ports at the back make it easy to connect the turntable to another audio system or speaker setup. Speed of the turntables can be set to 33 1/3 or 45 or even 78 RPM as required.
- You can use records of 3 sizes- 7, 10 as well as 12inch
- Fitting the vinyl feels comfortable to handle
- Wired antenna for FM reception works accurately
- The 6 in 1 turntable is a little disappointing in terms of the build quality.
Unless you need something that would bear rough handling, this is one of the best feature-rich models in this line-up. You can get both wired and wireless connectivity features making it a go-to home entertainment package.
Victrola Navigator 8-in-1 Classic Bluetooth Record Player with USB Encoding and 3-speed Turntable
At first glance, this one looks a little like the Classic 6-in-1 variant, but internally it packs a few extra features. Like the previous one, you can use cassettes, CDs, and vinyl with this or even play the radio. There is also an aux input and Bluetooth available for wireless connectivity.
Additionally, It has a USB input to play songs from your USB driver directly. There is also the option to record music from your vinyl and convert it to MP3. The power and clarity of the speakers are great for its compact size. If you do need more power, you can always connect a set of speakers with the line out ports at the back.
- Controls on this look vintage but they are easy for the modern generation to understand and use
- Antique looks of the turntable impress at first glance.
- Versatility comes from a variety of features and the personalized entertainment
- Comes with a responsive remote control
- Turntable arm feels fragile
If you need a classic antique design in a record player with the ability to play music from any source, then this is an economical option. Sound balance and overall music performance is also pretty good.
Victrola 50’s Retro 3-Speed Bluetooth Turntable with Stereo, CD Player and Speakers
One more three-speed turntable design on our list. If you need something retro-styled, but with a pop of color and plenty of features, then this makes a great choice. Besides this red variant, there are three other color choices. It is a stereo turntable that can play music from vinyl, CD, or even take an auxiliary input from another music source.
Bluetooth connectivity works up to a range of 33ft similar to that of the above two models. In radio mode, there is both AM and FM available. For private music experience, you can make use of the headphone jack integrated into the design. Design and controls balance the features for both a tech-savvy player and a retro music fan.
- Backlit turner on this makes tuning radio channels easy in different lighting conditions
- The convenience of fully personalizing the output is a huge plus
- Recording software that comes for vinyl to MP3 conversion is easy to use
- Stereo speakers offer rich sound dynamics
- Speakers are not very powerful
Delivering convenient music delivery and consistent performance, this is a reasonably priced option for those looking for a retro-style turntable.
Victrola Modern 3-Speed Bluetooth Turntable with 50 Watt Speakers
Going by the name, this one features a fresh and modern look for those who love contemporary styles. Blending trendy designs with classic features, this one carries a powerful 50watt speaker. The stereo speaker set up separates from the turntable for personalized positioning of the speakers. It is loud enough to fill a room with quality music from your vinyl or streamed through Bluetooth.
RCA jacks and other ports are available at the rear side for convenient use of the various modes. The turntable can easily be configured to deliver different speeds as required. Simple setup process complements the convenient design.
- The glossy piano finish makes this a decorative addition to the room
- The arm on this is sturdier than most other Victrola models
- The exposed ceramic cartridge features a robust design
- All the functions are easy to use
- Though it is small, it is slightly heavier than most other models in the range
- There are very few sources of music that you can integrate with the system
With the option to play music only from Bluetooth or vinyl, this one amplifies the experience and focuses on the quality of music.
Victrola Vintage 3-Speed Bluetooth Suitcase Turntable with Speakers
Rightly named Suitcase, this turntable features an antique briefcase design. Gold accents highlight the elegant white finish. There is a sturdy carry handle complementing the slim and lightweight design. When not in use, there is a snap-fit buckle to close the Suitcase and carry the player. Along with the built-in speakers, there are RCA ports available to connect external speakers.
There are three different modes to play music – vinyl, auxiliary input, and Bluetooth streaming. If you want to utilize all the functions fully, there are two handy knobs optimally positioned in the front to help you with that. Besides the chic white variant, there is a wide assortment of colors to suit your tastes.
- Despite the tiny sound, the speakers are quite loud
- The headphone jack is located in the front for a convenient music experience
- Automatic cueing on this allows uninterrupted music
- Efficient cue lever on this doesn’t damage the vinyl surface
- Vibrations felt at higher music volumes dampen the overall experience
If you are looking for a compact turntable with speakers handy to be carried wherever required, then this model solves the purpose.
Victrola 6-in-1 Wood Bluetooth Mid Century Record Player with 3-Speed Turntable, CD, Cassette Player, and Radio
Mid Century is another 6-in-1 turntable featuring a sophisticated finish with gold accents. Besides the Espresso finish, you can also choose three other hues. Mid Century comes with the option to play CDs, vinyl, cassettes, and stream through Bluetooth.
There is an Aux input for wired integration and also a built-in radio. Unlike most other models, this one comes with all the ports and controls in the front for easy access. Headphone jack allows immersive sound experience. The mode knob makes it easy to switch between the different input modes.
- LED lighting around the dial gives a neat finish with the convenience of better visibility
- For the regularly used functions like play, pause and back there are easy buttons in the front
- Integrated stereo speakers provide crisp sound output
- Mid Century is another model that comes with a slightly fragile arm
Though the arm needs careful handling, this one packs plenty of features in a stylish build. If you are willing to spend more than 100$ on a versatile turntable, Mid Century makes a natural choice.
Victrola Bluetooth Record Player Stand with 3-Speed Turntable
If you are a hardcore vinyl fan with a dedicated spot for setting your turntable, then this player with integrated stand is a practical choice. Featuring a dashing black and brown finish, this one has sturdy wood exteriors. Besides vinyl, you can also play music from an external USB drive. The USB recording feature allows recording and preserving your favorite music from vinyl to MP3.
Bluetooth music streaming from mobiles and tablets is another convenient feature. With good speakers packed under the hood, you also get the option to add external speakers, thanks to the RCA ports. Forward, back, and other buttons are quite tiny, and they are too close to the vinyl. So you would have to be a little careful in accessing the controls with the vinyl running.
- Legs feel sturdy keeping the player stable
- Convenient carry handles on the sides allow secure movement of the player when needed
- Removable legs make storage and transportation more convenient
- Powerful wire antenna at the back helps improve FM reception
- Life of the stylus on this is quite short for the price segment
If small buttons do not bother you, then this multifunctional turntable with top-end features is a good choice.
Victrola All-in-one Bluetooth Record Player with Built-in Speakers and three-Speed Turntable Mahogany
Victrola All-in-one is one of the best affordably priced record players that allows multiple music input options. The classic retro finish comes with a practical acrylic case that is also detachable. Besides using in the phonograph mode, the player allows Bluetooth connectivity and has a built-in FM radio.
Like most other models in the range, the all-in-one has a wire antenna for FM. The length of this antenna makes it possible to enhance the reception quality. Music output sounds clear through the speakers positioned on the sides. For output, there is also the headphone jack as well as RCA ports for speakers.
- There is a wide front panel featuring convenient positioning of the controls
- Display in the front makes it easy to tune radio channels
- With a textured finish the front, back, and play/pause buttons give a nice tangible feel for control
- The sound quality output from this player is not the best in the segment.
Versatile music delivery in a slim and lightweight body with a light price tag makes this a delight for the vinyl lovers.
Victrola Wood Wall Mount Turntable with CD and Bluetooth
The Wall Mounted vertical turntable comes as a 5-in-one design. Besides listening to your favorite vinyl, you can also convert your player to an exciting showpiece. The vintage-styled wood profile comes with front glass doors.
The turntable flap lifts to display the CD player, which is an intuitive design feature. Phonograph mode for vinyl, Bluetooth music streaming, CD player, aux input, radio, this player has them all. Given that this is a wall-mounted option, the headphone jack might not be a handy addition for many.
- Record handling function on this is efficient
- Stereo speakers deliver crisp sound output at all volume levels
- Neat display panel makes it easy for beginners to understand the modes and levels they choose.
- The display partially hides beneath the vinyl. Though this is not much of a functional limitation, it does hamper the overall looks.
Ignoring the few design flaws in terms of functionality, this one makes an impression with its unique styling. It is also a good deal considering the features it brings.
The 7th one on our list features a stand for convenient floor placement. All the others can be placed easily on a table or any flat surface. Finally, the last one is also a wall-mounted option. Therefore, you would not have to cite space constraint as a limitation for picking a vinyl player. These are all designed with three-speed modes where you can choose among 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM depending on how you prefer your music.
So, you can easily pick one based on the type of inputs you prefer. The 8-in-1 variant is our personal favorite as it helps you play music from any source you like and listen to it the way you like it.